Identity Theft Protection
Identity theft from rampant data breaches puts consumers at a great risk. Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. CapEd is here to help by providing you with access to identity theft detection and recovery services.
A Solution for Victims of Identity Theft
We have partnered with Merchants Information Solutions, one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection, giving you access to purchase a package of identity theft detection and recovery services.
Services available include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery – a professional, certified, and licensed Recovery Advocate will work on your behalf to restore your identity to pre-event status, for any type of identity fraud you might experience, or even suspect
- Lost Document Replacement – provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen, or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance – you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $1,000,000
- Credit Monitoring – includes up to daily alerts of changes to your credit file
- Score Tracker – view your credit score graphically, which can make it easy to see improvements or declines in your creditworthiness
- Credential Vault – securely store up to fifty personal credentials, such as credit/debit card numbers, account numbers, and license numbers for easy retrieval in the event of an emergency
- Internet Monitoring – this service can monitor internet black market websites, chat rooms, and public-facing social networks pages for your personal information
- Public Records Monitoring – this service can monitor your name, address, and Social Security number to detect possible financial and other non-financial identity theft
All CapEd Credit Union account holders may purchase a package of identity theft detection and recovery services.