CapEd members who open a checking account can also receive a CapEd Visa® Debit Card.
Debit Card Features
Do more with your CapEd Visa® Debit Card with CardCommand™.
CardCommand™ allows you to turn your CapEd Visa® Debit Card on and off with a simple swipe. You're in charge of your card even if you don't have it with you.
- When your card is turned off, all purchases and ATM transactions will be declined. To use your card again, simply turn your card back on.
- View your recent CapEd Visa® Debit transaction history and account balance.
- Restrict transactions by merchant type and locations/regions set using your phone's GPS.
- Set transaction spending limits.
- Set limits for joint account debit cards – a great way to help you monitor your kid's debit card use.
- Receive alerts when established guidelines are breached.
To use CardCommand™, launch the CapEd Mobile App and select the CardCommand™ menu option. You will then be prompted to download the CardCommand™ App. After it has downloaded, set up the new App as guided. Once setup, you will be able to access the card controls within the CapEd Mobile App.
CapEd's debit cards feature contactless chip technology so you can pay with your debit card securely and hygienically wherever contactless payment is accepted. Learn more about the benefits of contactless cards on our blog.
Need a new Debit Card?
We offer instant issue debit cards. Stop by any branch location during lobby hours and walk out with a new debit card!
Travel with your Debit Card
If you are planning on traveling out of the area soon, please log in to eBanking and send us a secure message, or call us at (208) 884-0150 or (800) 223-7283 to inform us about your travel. This will help ensure that your debit card does not get flagged for fraud and so you will have access to your funds for your entire trip.
Tips for Traveling
Follow these tips to safely travel with your CapEd Visa® Debit Card.
- Store a copy of the front and back for your card in a secure location in case your card is lost or stolen.
- It is wise to carry more than one form of payment for emergencies. We suggest traveling with a TravelMoney Card or other credit card.
- Some international ATMs may only read the balance in your checking. If you know you will need money from savings, we recommend you transfer from savings to checking before you leave. If the ATM has the option to withdraw from savings or checking, funds can be withdrawn from the account you choose.
- Keep your receipts from all transactions to verify they have posted for the correct amount.
- After you come back from your trip, keep an eye on your account for up to six months.
- Call (800) 223-7283 (after hours: (833) 933-1681) right away if your debit card is lost or stolen.
Dispute a Debit Card Transaction
If you need to dispute a charge made on your CapEd Debit card that you suspect is fraudulent, please call (866) 279-1399.